Best Practices for Care of Your New Clones
Congratulations on your new Artifact clone! When you purchase your Artifact clones they are already rooted and ready for up-potting.
- Prior to up potting we strongly recommend you prepare a low-dosage fertilizer or light compost tea mixture and water the cubes of your clones before placing in soil.
- We also recommend you up-pot your clones within a day of purchasing.
- After up-potting please be sure to water the soil thoroughly.
Please be aware that your plants need time to acclimate.
- DO NOT take them from our nursery and put them directly into strong sunlight.
- Initially keep your plants under low level lighting and shade cloth for 18 hours a day.
- Gradually reduce their hours of light to natural daylight hours over a period of 3-5 days.
- After 3-5 days your plants should be able to withstand full sunlight.
- Keep a clean garden.
- Use a fogger with insecticides and fungicides in higher concentrations.
- Keep your clones out of excessive cold. Cold will curl the leaves, stunt growth, cause stems to purple and could cause death
- When using oil based sprays be sure to spray your plants in the shade, early morning or late evening. Do not allow direct light to hit their leaves until the plants have fully dried. Oils will burn your plants.
Helpful tips for farmers to manage pathogens such as Powdery Mildew and bugs including mites, thrips, and fungus gnats:
- Green Cure Potassium Bicarbonate - Powdery Mildew
- Zero Tolerance Fungicide - Powdery Mildew
- Actinovate - Powdery Mildew and Botrytis
- Neem Oil - Powdery Mildew and all soft-bodied insects
- Botanaguard - Bioinsecticide for all insects
- Azamax - All soft-bodied insects
- Azos (Azospirillum) - Nitrogen-fixing beneficial bacteria which increases general plant vitality
- Mykos (Mycorrhizae) - Soil fungus which increases general plant vitality