Best Practices For Care of Your New Clones
When you purchase your Artifact clones they are rooted and ready for up potting.
· Prior to up potting we strongly recommend you prepare a low dosage fertilizer mixture and water the cubes of your clones before placing in soil.
· We recommend you up pot your clones within a day of purchasing them
· After up potting be sure to water in the soil thoroughly
Please be aware that your plants need time to acclimate.
· DO NOT take them from our nursery and put them directly into strong sunlight.
· We recommend that you initially keep your plants under similar lighting to our own – T5s or an equivalent light source – and keep them at 24 hours of light.
· Gradually reduce their hours of light to natural daylight hours
· When you place them outside it is best to do so over time, allowing the plants only a couple of hours of direct sunlight for the first 3 days, then removing them to a shadier area or covering them with a shade cloth.
· After 3 days your plants should be able to withstand full sun
Due to the late-season rainy weather, extra precautions to prevent pathogens such as Powdery Mildew are recommended
· We have had good results with
o Potassium Bicarbonate or Green Cure
o Zero Tolerance Fungicide
o Keeping a clean garden
o Doing lower branch cleanup on our plants. It is in the lower, larfy growth of the plant that insects and disease can often take hold.
· Keep your clones out of excessive cold. Cold will curl the leaves, stunt growth, cause stems to purple and could cause death
· When using oil based sprays be sure to spray your plants in the shade and do not allow direct light to hit their leaves until the plants have fully dried. Oils will burn your plants
· Please be aware that Artifact Nursery uses 2 species of predator mites (Cucumeris and Californicus) as well as Green Lacewing larvae to combat pests, and 3 kinds of Nematodes in the soil. These beneficial insects may be found on your plants.